Sunday, September 28, 2008
Huntington Beach 5k
Yesterday Spencer and I ran a 5k in Huntington Beach. It was on the sand right along the shore. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. My family came to support us and watched Owen for us during the race. This is Spencer and I at the starting line. My dad took this picture standing on the pier.
Go Spencer go!!! You can beat #34.
Here we are at the finish line! Owen really liked the necklaces we got for finishing. It was a fun race, even Spencer enjoyed it (originally he didn't even want to run). We both finished under 30 minutes, so we were really happy with that.
After burning off all those calories we all went out to dinner at BJ's. It was a fun family outing!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WAY TO GO!!!! What a fun day! How fun to run on the beach!
How fun! Great pictures too!
You guys ROCK! That is so awesome! Under 30 minutes on the sand... SO FANTASTIC!
Great job, Holly and Spencer! That's awesome! I'm serious about running the Disneyland one next year. I've been running for four weeks now, and hoping to increase my speed. By then, I'm sure I'll be waaaaaay better than I am now.
Congrats on your 30 minute time, too....that's incredible!
wow, that must have been hard running on the sand. Great job you two!!
Great job guys- your time is great! I convinced Paul to run at the Thanksgiving 5k, are you guys still running in that one???
I can't believe that you ran on the sand. That is hard!
Post a Comment