Ever since I ran the Disneyland 5k I have had a lot of people tell me that they would like to run a 5k too. I've gotten a lot of questions about what other races are available and even some verbal commitments to run "the next one" with me. So I am asking those people (you know who you are) to PROVE IT!!! I am signing up for several other races this year and I DARE you to sign up and run with me. I challenge you! If there is anyone reading this who wants to join in, please do. I would love to have a big group together at these events. So here is the info on the next couple of races:
Saturday September 27 in Huntington Beach: This is a family fun walk/run. What that means is that you don't have to be in great shape to compete. There is no time limit so you can walk the entire thing. Children can sign up for this one, so you CAN do it. This is a great one to do for your first 5k. The other plus is that it doesn't start until 4:00 in the afternoon so you won't have to wake up super early. For more information and to register here is the link: http://www.hbsurfnsand5k.com
Saturday October 25 Boney Mountain (near Thousand Oaks): This is actually a 6k and I think they are also offering a longer race as well. This is a little bit more of a competitive race. Here is the link: http://www.trailrace.com Once on the website several races will appear, click on the "Boney Mountain" race.
November 27 in Oceanside (Yes thanksgiving day!): Call me crazy, but yes I do plan on competing on thanksgiving day. (I've gotta do something to make me feel less guilty about eating all the food I know I am going to consume later that day.) This is another "family friendly" race that looks like a ton of fun. They are encouraging the participants to dress up (turkeys, pilgrims, Indians, that kind of thing) and there will even be prizes for the best costumes. This one might become another Hull family tradition! http://www.osideturkeytrot.com
November 29 Topanga Canyon (somewhere near Calabases/Malibu area): This is a race that I haven't fully committed to yet. It's only 2 days after the previous race and it's a 10k. (A 5k is also offered.) I want to do a 10k, but I'm not sure if this is the one I am going to do yet. If I get some people to sign on with me then I am in, if not I will look for another in December or January. More info at http://www.trailrace.com then click on the "Topanga Canyon" race.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to do the race on November 27th with you. Sounds like fun. Does Spencer run? But I think you should try for the half marathon in Jan. We just found a 17 week training schedule that we started this week. 2 miles this Saturday....what do you think?
Post a Comment