Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hunky Monkey

Sorry it's taken me awhile to post pictures from Halloween. I can't believe it's already November 4th and I'm just getting to this. So Halloween started off with a play group Halloween party at the church.
I love this picture of Owen at the party. He's a Hull already!! Making silly faces in pictures is a Hull boy tradition. My son has learned this skill young!

Here's all the kids at the playgroup party. Owen was having a total a fit. As you can see he is trying to crawl towards me and away from all the kids.


After the party (and a nice long nap to recover) we headed to my in-laws for all the trick-or-treating goodness.

I want to stop for a second and kind of explain the madness that takes place on Olive Street in Redlands on Halloween. First of all the police block off the entire street so no one can drive on the street while kids are out trick-or-treating. And believe me: this is totally necessary!! Every year we go to the Hull's on Halloween to watch the "parade" as we like to call it. We all sit on the porch, hand out candy, and admire all the kids in costumes. This is not a joke when I tell you that we handed out about 1600 pieces of candy that night (and that's giving one piece per person!!!) There is a continues line of people from about 6:00 until 9:00. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life! I think everyone needs to experience the Redlands Halloween at least once in your life because you won't believe me until you actually see it for yourself!!


Once we were settled into place on Grandma's porch I put Owen in his cute little monkey costume. Spencer kept calling him an Ewok, but he was still a hunky monkey to me!


My brother and Allison joined us for the first time this year. They had always heard our Halloween stories of all the trick-or-treaters so they finally decided to come and see it for themselves.

Our friends Scott and Haley and baby Jackson also came to join in on the fun.


It was fun to see Ashley and Jason and little Hudson. We had quite the group this year, which made it that much more fun!

Things go even more crazy when Kevin and his friends showed up all dressed up. Are you kidding me with the gladiator get-up? Did you lose a bet? For the record I don't even know the half-naked guy!


Our first Halloween as three instead of just two! I'm sure with each year it will just keep getting more and more fun!


Cute cousins. Hudson the frog and Owen the monkey.

Spencer and Cody taking a break from handing out candy to pose for a picture.

Happy first Halloween to our cute little monkey! We love you so much!!



8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Is that Grandpa Hull in a recliner on the porch? I love the pictures of Owen,what a cutie. Happy Halloween! Tyler has yet to experience Halloween in Redlands. I need to take him one year.

**The WEDDLE clan: said...

Don't worry, I haven't posted mine yet, or the ohter 10 I need to do, so don't feel bad! I can't wait to see you guys Friday! Brooklyn and I fly out on Thurs, so we will see you soon! Take care

Edith said...

Sounds crazy that that many people come around for candy.
My in laws live in Redlands too on cypress by the hospital and they maybe got 6 kids come to their door. (that means more leftover candy for us to eat when we visit :)

Sarah Hull said...

I love everything about this post. I mostly love the darling monkey and frog though! I almost can't take it! So stinkin' cute!
Also loving the skull shirt. Was that the one you bought at CUW? So darling!
Looks like another great Halloween in Redlands!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So much fun! Don't you just LOVE the holidays!! AND your little monkey is too cute!! (if my next child is a girl I secretly want to arrange their marriage!!!!.

ps... when can we come visit you?? :)

briettecelisse@gmail.com

The McGary Family said...

The monkey costume is adorable!!! The pics of Owen & Hudson are so cute. Aunt Diane has told me how crazy Halloween is there, glad you guys had a fun night!

Dustin and Kellie said...

HOLLY! Spencer told us at your grandmas you blog info and I am so excited! I think this will help us to keep updated on each others lives! Thank you guys for calling us and letting us crash craft day (again)! Your family is so nice and we really enjoy getting to see you guys and get to know your family! See you at Thanksgiving! By the way, Owen was adorable in his Ewok/monkey costume!