Monday, June 22, 2009

Being a Ford is the BEST

This weekend we went to the FORD family reunion in Paragonah, Utah. We stayed in a massive log cabin with this scenery all around us.
If you don't know who the "Fords" are, well here they are! This is my mom with her four siblings and her mom.
Not only were there 45 people all staying under one roof for three days, but this cabin didn't have any electricity! We had a generator that was turned on to cook meals, but other than that, we were left without any power. So what did we do for three days without power you ask?? We had SO MUCH FUN!!!
There were crafts for the adults and the kids.
We wore our funny Ford t-shirts proudly.
Maybe a little too proudly!
We saw family who we haven't seen in awhile,

and we miss dearly!!
We got to ride quads. As you can see Owen wasn't loving the 4-wheelers.
But he was loving it when mommy took him for a ride!!
I think he loved the bike best when it was turned off and he got to sit on it all by himself.
We jumped rope (and some people found it fun to sleep outside in a tent...not me though!)
We played a little flag football Ford family style...
Boys against girls!!!
There was even a boys vs. girls volleyball tournament!
I believe the highlight of the trip for Owen was finding bubbles at the end of a treasure hunt.
We had such a good time with all our family, we are already making plans for the next reunion two years from now! I love my extended family and I love how fun everything is when they are around. It was too short of a trip, we are missing it already!!
When we got home last night we had a small little father's day party with just the 3 of us. Daddy was showered with cards, gifts, hugs, and kisses from both Owen and I. What a great ending to a super fun weekend!!

4 comments:

dillon and kim said...

I agree, being a Ford is the best! I'm so so sad we didn't make it this year,Dillon has never been to a Ford reunion if you can believe that. We'll have to change that in two years, right?

It looks even more fun than last time I went. That picture of you and Owen on the 4-wheeler is super cute! We miss you guys and wish we could've seen you. We'd love it if you made it out to NY this summer, if not we'll see you for Labor Day!

Amanda said...

What a cute picture of you and Owen on the 4 wheeler! How fun!!! It looks like you had a great time!

Sami said...

Yeah! We had a blast at the reunion. Way to go on posting so quickly, we will get there. It was great to see you guys!

Dustin and Kellie said...

How fun!! I bet anything with your family would be a blast! That is awesome! YAY for you guys! Owen is so darn cute!!

I agree about St. George. We need to get on that!!