Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Bear Snow

Thanks to a good childhood friend of Spencer's we were able to spend this last weekend in Big Bear. It was amazing how much snow was on the ground!! Luckily we had nice, but super cold, weather the entire weekend, which made for an easy drive up and down the mountain. We enjoyed spending time by the fire with friends and playing outside in all the fresh powder.
I can't believe that Owen loved the snow as much as he did!! We are talking about the kid who hated the sand the first 5 times he went to the beach and hated walking on grass or dirt until fairly recently, but for some reason he loved the snow right away and couldn't get enough of it!! He played outside for a couple of hours with no complaints of being cold. Since I am too giant to be sledding, let alone carrying a 25lb. child up a hill, poor Spencer was left alone to sled with Owen and haul him back up the hill every time. I was just there there to cheer them on and take pictures! Here are a few from the day sledding.

Eventually Owen didn't want Spencer to ride down the hill with him, he wanted to do it all by himself!! He has become Mr. Independent lately!!

We had a really nice weekend, but I have to admit that I'm really enjoying being back to temperatures above freezing!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

First of all...that Dora post is KILLIng me!!!

I feel like such a bad mommy for not ever taking audrey to the snow! Those pics are DARLING!!!

dillon and kim said...

Yay!!! He's a snowboarder in the making! Guess you guys will have to move to Utah :)ha ha I know... yeah right!

PS:Your Dora debate brought a debate between Dillon and I. I think it will help with the transition of becoming a big brother and I think it's fine. Dillon said it's absolutely not ok and he will take the doll away from Owen himself! Oh and he wants Spencer to come to his superbowl party on Sunday...silly boys. Miss you guys!

Jill Duncan said...

How fun! I love Owen with the Dora doll by the way. It's great practice for his new little sister. As long as you don't throw him a Dora Birthday Party! :)

Taryn said...

I love that Owen is getting all sorts of use out of his Halloween costume! We're going to Utah in a couple weeks and I have no snow clothes for my kids. But I don't think Nate's dinosaur costume would work as well as firefighter pants :)

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is so fun! I think you should take the pic of Spenc and Owen sitting on the sled and hang it up somewhere- it's super cute!