Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazy

Sorry my blog has not been updated lately, but my life is crazy. My brother likes to tease me about my "busy" life because he doesn't believe that a stay-at-home-mom can be that busy, but I am....I promise. The last few weeks have been filled with countless days at the pool, a few trips to the beach, bridal showers for my soon to be sister-in-law, bunco, playgroups galore, getting my girls at church ready for girls camp, and hours upon hours of pushing my double jogger while running the streets of my city. Oh- and I also joined a women's softball team. So I guess you could say I have been "fun busy" but nevertheless, busy. I have plenty of pictures from the last few weeks, but I don't have time for my super slow and super annoying computer to upload them. Since the next two weeks are going to be jammed packed as well I thought I should do a quick up-date since I'm not sure when I will back to blogging regularly again.

Spencer & I have been training for a triathlon which was held this last Saturday. We worked our butts off training, but the event ended up being cancelled. We were both bummed, but at least we got into better shape and I got to ride the bike I got for my birthday back in February. We both plan on finding another triathlon to compete in very soon.

The day I came home from the hospital after having Audrey I set a goal to be a certain weight for my brother's wedding. The wedding is 2 weeks away and I am merely 5 pounds away from my goal...very exciting for me!! I am looking forward to my brother finally marrying Allison so she can officially be my sister-in-law and my kid's Aunt. I am also excited to see all the family coming to town for the big day!!

Owen is now 2 1/2 and getting more and more fun by the day. He speaks really well, which sometimes isn't necessarily a good thing...he has also learned how to talk back! All in all he is a good boy and a big helper with Audrey. Owen started swimming lessons today and will already put his face in the water. He has loved the water pretty much since the day he was born. Owen has learned to ride his bike and can count to 15 and to 10 in Chinese. He likes to help me clean the house, play outside, watch Diego, and kiss his baby sister. He is still a very picky eater, but we are working on that!! Owen knows most of his colors and can identify simple shapes. He loves to be read to and would sit and read books for hours. He also loves to sing songs, "If your happy and you know it" seems to be his favorite at the moment.

Today Audrey is three months old! She is such a good baby and continues to sleep through the night. She too loves water and went in the pool for the first time on Saturday...she loved it! Audrey smiles a lot and has just started to laugh, coo, and gurgle. I think she is starting to look more like me, which makes me smile! I absolutely love having a girl and am secretly hoping that baby #3 (not that it's coming anytime soon) will be a girl as well.

Spencer and I stay super busy with our callings at church and couldn't do it without his parent's help. They babysit for us once a week while we are at church...I don't think we will ever be able to repay them for all that they do for us. We are looking forward to a trip to Utah in July, even though I am nervous about flying with two kids, and staying at the beach house we rented with our friends at the end of the summer. We are loving life and all that it has to offer!!

5 comments:

dillon and kim said...

wow!!! Holly, you are super mom! You can tell Cody you're lots busier than me and I work full time. Congrats about losing the weight, what an accomplishment! I'm totally jealous that you and Spencer have the hobby of working out in common. Dillon and I both lack all motivation to do that! We absoluetly can't wait to see you guys, totally melted my heart about Owen asking about Quoia! Give your little family a hug from us and we'll see you soon!

aprilaleman said...

Holly you are so super duper fun... why do we not hang out more!? I hope you can make it to my shower- you got your invite right?

michelle said...

Good for you on losing weight - keep it up. I was doing so well and then let a few months slacked and I totally regret it. And I'm super impressed about the triathlon!

Crys said...

I want to do a tri but don't know if I can dedicate the time to train. If your brother doesn't think housewives can be busy he should take your job for a week :) you rock!

Jill Duncan said...

Holly, way to go on loosing all that weight! I'm super impressed!! Can't wait to see you guys on Monday!