Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swim Lessons

I'm Back!! I thought I would spend a little bit of time and do a few up-dates before we leave on vacation tomorrow. My life is just go, go go lately!! Like I wrote in the previous post, we have been super busy already this summer but we have been having so much fun!!! The last two weeks Owen had swim lessons so we spent a lot of time in the water and now we have the tans to prove it!!
We did a parent and me swim class and were lucky enough to get the same teacher we had last year. Owen adored Miss Becky and may of even had a small crush on her!
Most of you know that I myself used to teach swim lessons, but I thought it was important for Owen to be in a class with other kids and having a teacher other than me. I learned some new things about teaching very small children to swim and Owen had a blast being with the other kids, so it was a win win for the both of us.
Owen did really well swimming all by himself with this backpack. I have never used these backpacks before but I would highly recommend them for teaching 2-4 year olds to swim. You can buy these backpacks for about $7 on swimoutlet.com....seriuosly worth it!
Going through the hoop to Miss Becky!
While I was in the pool with Owen, Audrey had the best babysitter ever. If you live in my area I suggest using Kelly as a babysitter...she was awesome!
Every day after swimming Owen would be STARVING. He would gobble up every last snack I had and then go home and sleep for 3-4 hours! Gotta love swim lessons!

On the last day the kids from the parent and me class were asked if they wanted to jump off the diving board, and to my surprise Owen wanted to do it, and with a little help he jumped right in to his teacher....I couldn't believe it! You should have seen his smile after he jumped in, he was so proud of himself!

Here is Owen on the last day with his popsicle from his teacher and his certificate. Owen completed the parent and me class so next year he gets to move on and have lessons without his mom.

I am so proud of my little Owen. He did such a great job with his lessons and isn't afraid of the water one bit. He is going to be a little fish, I know it!

No comments: