Friday: Jill and I left the babies at home and took Owen and Kaelyn to Disneyland!! I was so excited to experience the park with Owen now that he is a little bit older. When he woke up that morning he was super excited and kept talking about how he was going to go to "Mickey Park." This is a picture of the kids on the tram going into the park in the morning, they both look happy and excited right??
Right before we went in...still happy!!
As soon as we got inside Disneyland Owen had a meltdown. He kept crying and crying and saying that he wanted to go home and he wanted to be held. Since the kid loves Buzz Lightyear I thought the Buzz ride would be just thing to lift his spirits....boy was I wrong!!! He screamed bloody murder when we tried to get on the ride and I ended up having to take him out the emergency exit. Talk about embarrassing....what kid cries at Disneyland?? After letting him throw a complete tantrum we decided to head over to Autotopia, and as you can see from the picture Owen finally did settle down. We visited Toon Town and Dumbo then headed home after that. It was super hot outside and the park was pretty crowded, all that combined with a pretty grumpy kid, and a 3 hour trek home made the trip not so great. Jill and I decided that we would wait until January before taking the kids again.
Saturday: After running 9 miles in the morning Spencer and I went




4 comments:
What a bummer that Owen was so unhappy! I feel that way about Disneyland, too- Ethan kinda freaked out about every ride (and he's 5!!??) How fun about Jack Johnson. What a blast. My Jack Johnson knowledge is limited to Curious George the movie- but the music is one of my favorite things about the movie! That is so funny so many people fell asleep. I feel the same way. I am a big dud. I require a full night sleep that really needs to begin early. Last weekend our ward had a RS overnighter and I stayed up chatting til 4 in the morning! I am still recovering. It may go down as the worst mistake of my life! Fun talking, not fun living the next day with less than 4 hours sleep.
9 miles?!? You two are awesome. I just saw the pictures Sarah took of Owen and Audrey. They are so cute! We miss you guys.
this looks like so much fun!
I also can not believe you ran 9 miles.... oh my ... you are wonder woman!
We love Jack Johnson and Cam needs to go to Disneyland with Owen. Maybe it would be a better experience.
Post a Comment