I have so much to blog about, a lot went on these last few weeks. Soon I will post about the rest of our advent activities, our awesome Christmas Party, and of course Christmas Day, but for now I want to share with you the most wonderful Christmas gift Owen gave Spencer and I this year.....
Owen is potty-trained!!!
So proud to be a 'big boy" and wear all his cool new underwear!!
I tried potty-training this kid a handful of times, but ended up quitting after a day or two because it was so frustrating for me. You all know that I am a neat freak (border-line obsessed with having a clean house) so it was very difficult for me to deal with accidents, especially since Owen really didn't seem to mind wearing wet underwear....which would make me so angry!!! After talking to A LOT of moms with boys I decided to take their advice and wait until he was three. I had heard that with boys, they are a lot easier to potty-train after they turn three.So 9 days ago I just decided that it was time, and since I knew it would be raining for the next 4 days I thought it was the perfect time. I sat Owen down and told him that he was a big boy now and it was time for him to use the potty. I put him in his underwear and he has been in them ever since!!! We have had a handful of accidents here and there, but for the most part it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. I haven't used any kind of incentives, like stickers or candy, he has just done it!! Within 3 days we were out and about like normal.

1 comment:
Wohoo! That is totally the best thing ever! I was just like you with the process. Ugh! But Ethan was the same way- one day it was just 100% and I have loved it ever since!
Post a Comment