I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but after browsing some of your blogs, I realized I'm not the only one not jumping right into blogging in 2011!! December was a really fun month, I love all the craziness the holidays bring, but with that craziness, this blog suffered a bit. Since Owen turned three amidst all the holiday buzz I never got to post about everything my big three year old is up to, so here it goes!! (P.S. If you can help it, NEVER have a child in December, I feel bad for the poor little guy!!)
Owen is ALL boy!! He is very energetic and keeps me on my toes! He loves to run and be outside and play at the park, but he also enjoys being at home where he can play with his toys and watch movies. He is also loving our new trampoline!!

Owen loves his little sister, and will often try to help me with her. He likes to get her diapers for me and pick out toys for her to play with...just not his toys! Overall he is sweet with Audrey and will smother her with kisses at bedtime, but he has been known to tackle her or knock her over when she is sitting. (He tends to play a little too rough when he is wound up). This picture cracks me up because it sums up Owen's personality pretty well: he is a happy kid, regardless of what is going on around him....crying (or a really stern mommy) doesn't phase him one bit!
Owen has just really started to "pretend play." He enjoys dressing up and will wear anything on his head!! He is really into Cars and Toy Story right now. It's fun to watch him play with all his toys since he gives them each their own little personality. Owen can sit and play with his toys by himself for long periods at a time, which is nice if I have something I need to get done!!
Owen also hit a HUGE milestone, he started primary at church!!! He is the youngest child in his class, but so far so good!! Spencer and I were nervous about his first day and we thought he might cry, but he went right in and sat with his class and not a single tear was shed!! His teacher said he did great...yeah!! Owen even went to his very first Primary activity this last Saturday and really had a great time. I can't believe what a big kid he has become!!
For those of you who don't know, Owen never climbed out of his crib so we kept him sleeping in it until he was well over two and a half!! But now he sleeps in a big boy bed...a really big full sized bed! He loves it and has never once come out of his room after we put him to bed.- When he knows I am upset with him he always says, "I love you too mom." (How can you stay angry at that??)
- He is such a good sport about sitting in the stroller for an hour while I run every day
- He can just about count to 20
- He knows all of his colors and most of his shapes
- He can tell you the noise ANY animal makes
- Besides Cars and Toy Story he loves to watch Diego, Blue's Clues, and Yo Gabba Gabba
- He doesn't care about what outfit he wears during the day but he is extremely opinionated about which underwear and pajamas he wears.
- He has a very strict bedtime routine that he MUST follow every nap and at night...I will have to post more about that later!!
- The kid remembers everything!!! Don't tell him something that you hope he might forget, because he won't forget!!
- He is very observant and if he sees something out of place he will put it right back to where he thinks it should be.
- He enjoys singing songs and likes to listen to his primary CD every time we are in the car
- He is a picky eater. Right now he pretty much lives on chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, pancakes, oranges, fruit snacks, applesauce, raisins, mac-n-cheese, crackers, and nachos...healthy I know, but when he does eat it's very little. Sometimes it's a huge struggle to get him to eat!!
- He is a pretty social kid and enjoys playing with his friends.
- Owen loves books and will try to get anyone who comes over to read to him
- He thrives on routine and can get pretty upset when his routine changes....not sure if this is good or bad yet???
We love Owen so much and we know that he was the perfect child to come to our family. He is a big ball of energy and smiles and has the cutest giggle ever! I can't believe how big he is getting...this is going by WAY too fast!! I am loving three year old Owen (especially since he is potty-trained!!) and I wish I could pause time and he could stay this age forever!! We love you Owen!!

6 comments:
I love hearing all about Owen in a nut shell. He is such a cute kid and has such a cute personality to go with his adorable face! I loved hearing about his routines. So cute! I wish my kids put things back in their right place- Even if it was just their idea of what was right. I think it would be so much nicer for them to know where they set something down, and be able to find it again later!
Seriously! He is so, so darling!
Can't believe he's 3!!! what a fun age. And he seems like just an angel! I'm so happy to hear he did well in primary, we teach the class just older than him and some kids really struggle. You asked me about Sequoia and nursery... she LOVES it!!! Our blog has been lacking too and I feel like I need to call you or something just to catch up on everything! Your Christmas seemed like a blast and I was meaning to tell you when I got the invite to your party I nearly broke down into tears that we couldn't go because it sounded like so much fun! We'll have to chat later :)
He is so handsome!! You have some awesome pictures of him. I loved reading about him, since Nate is the same age. My favorite is saying that he loves you when you're upset with him-he's too smart!
He is such a cutie pie!! As a side note if you ever have trouble getting him to eat you can try giving him something to "dip" Little kids loves to dip things into stuff. If you make chicken you can cut it up and give him some BBQ sauce to dip...I dont know what it is about being able to dip things makes everything better. I work for the schools and you should see the difference it makes when there is something to dip!
Both your kids are so adorable Holly. I love Owen's pink apron. :) It sure is fun to watch them learn and grow so much. Yay for potty training! And I totally agree about having a December baby-avoid it if you can!
Post a Comment