Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Simple Little Things

After a rough few days, today things started to look just a little bit brighter. A good friend stopped by this morning just as I was about to head out to do some errands. She invited me and the kids to join her and her kids at the park, but I had to decline since I had things that I needed to get done. Being the great friend that she is she offered to take Owen to the park so I could get my things done. The next thing I knew I was off to the grocery store with only Audrey in tow. What a fabulous shopping trip it was!! I took my time in the store and I didn't have to worry once about my child running off, or him pretending to "shoot" the other people in the store with whatever object he has currently turned into a gun. It was amazing!! And then to top things off as I was standing in line to check out I noticed that there was Easter Candy for sale (my favorite!!)
I purchased myself the most delicious chocolate creme egg and then devoured it before I even got to my car, and guess what? I didn't even feel a tiny bit guilty about all the calories I had just inhaled....it was pure heaven. My day was perfect!
Ahhhh the simple things in life that can make me so happy!! So grateful for a good friend who really made my day!

3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

So glad to hear that things are looking better. So Sorry for your rough couple of days! Hope you enjoyed every last bite of that egg!! You deserved it!

WheelersSix said...

I love reading your posts Holly! You're such a great blogger! :)

Marti and Leif Stockdale said...

I can totally feel you on not having to take two kids to the store...the other day my husband and I both went grocery shopping I took leif and hit the left side of the store and he took aurora and hit the right we met in the middle and checked out it was so nice!