Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cupcakes & Hockey

After seeing Casey's Cupcakes win Cupcake Wars on the Food Network I have been dying to go try it out since her shop is super close to my house. With a special person having a birthday coming up, I decided it was the perfect excuse to take the kids for a special treat. The cupcake shop was adorable (lots of pink...my kind of place!!) and there were so many yummy cakes to choose from. I decided that we better get a half a dozen just so we could try more of them out!!

Owen was in heaven. He loved that his cupcake came in its own box! Sweet Audrey only got a small taste of cupcake, but as you can see from her face, a small taste can still be super messy!! Overall the cupcakes were a fun experience, but I really think I could make cupcakes at home that taste just as good or maybe even a little better!!
Later that same day our friends called and said that they had free tickets to the Reign hockey game and invited us to go. Free tickets?? Yes please!!
This was a new experience for Owen. He really got into the game and enjoyed cheering and dancing. It was a lot of fun, even with two little ones.
A sports fan already...what am I going to do??

I love taking the kids on new adventures! Being a mom is so much fun!!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Those cupcakes definitely look great. I am a huge cake fan and have had my fair share of "cupcake shop" cupcakes. And I have to say, the only kind that I really feel is worth the splurge is Sprinkles.

I don't think I ever commented on your last post about Aubrey's party. I got so excited to see what you had done since your parties are always perfect and you think of all the details. My favorite part is her outfit-she is so adorable!

aprilaleman said...

I have to disagree... I don't think any of those cupcake places (including Sprinkles) is worth the money. I swear I have better cupcakes at home.

Heidi said...

We LOVE Casey's it is SO SO SO good, & yes Ella also LOVED her own PINK box, you cant get a better cupcake. That being said, we don't know if it is really worth the price.

So I think for special occasions like yours it's JUST PERFECT!