Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Fun

We had a lot of fun celebrating Easter during the month of April.


One afternoon we met up with Jill and her kids at the mall to visit the Easter Bunny. Owen was terrified of him and refused to get too close. I don't really blame him though, that bunny was pretty creepy!! Owen did have a great time playing with Kaelyn at the play place. I love watching these two play together!

Our weekly playgroup had an Easter potluck party and egg hunt. Owen really got into collecting the eggs and loved finding MONEY inside some of them rather than candy.
Audrey caught on to the plastic egg filled with candy concept pretty quickly! She learned fast how to crack open those eggs to get to the yummy treats on the inside. The girl LOVES to eat!!

OK now before I write about Easter morning I must say that I am quite embarrassed that my children are wearing their matching Christmas pajamas on Easter.


Side note: Owen is obsessive about which pajamas he is going to wear and he always wants to match his sister. It's usually easiest for us to put the kids in matching pjs at night then that way we don't get any protests from Mr. Owen about going to bed.


Well I guess I really didn't think about how lame my pictures were going to turn out of Easter morning when we got the kids ready for bed the night before. I am almost tempted to have an "Easter Morning Reenactment" with better pajamas just for the pictures...I am seriously considering!!!


Anyhow....The kids woke up to a trail of jelly beans starting at their doors and leading all the way downstairs to where their baskets were waiting. Owen had a blast picking them all up and putting them in his little basket. Audrey was trying to shove as many jelly beans in her mouth before Owen could pick them up!!

Jelly Bean trail to the Easter baskets!

Owen was thrilled with what the Easter Bunny left him including a new hat (the kid loves hats!!) and a Toy Story video game.

Like I said, Audrey loved the candy filled eggs. The girl was eating jelly beans so fast!! She also tried eating the wrapped candy through the wrappers, she was hilarious to watch!!

After church we headed to my brother's house for a fun Easter celebration and my mom's birthday. Allison and Cody hid around 300 eggs all filled with treats around their house. Since my kids were the only kids there all the adults hunted eggs too....it was a ton of fun!!

Audrey working on opening an egg with her teeth!!

Cody and Allison did a great job hosting Easter. The food was great and it was a lot of fun!!

4 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is so fun! I love the idea of a jelly bean trail to their candy! That is so cute! Audrey is a girl after my own heart! I'm all about the candy to. I totally dig the hat and I like the Christmas jammies! It added fun flair! Happy Birthday to your mom from the Bennetts!

Heidi said...

My kids were totally in the EXACT same pjs and Asher was in Halloween. I made Ella change and then my husband was like SERIOUSLY! So Asher still had is Halloween pjs on...ha ha ha...so love it!!!

Jill Duncan said...

LOVE the PJ's! That's the best!!!! Such a cute idea to leave the trail of jelly beans to their baskets.

P.S. both blankets you gave Austin are his absolute favorite and he has to sleep with them both every night. He drags them all around the house with him. He loves them! Sometimes I even take them with me to church cause he'll hold them and suck his thumb and that's the only way he will be quiet during sacrament. We love those blankets!!!

Jill Duncan said...

looking at your pictures again I notice there's 3 trails of jelly beans did Spencer get an Easter basket too???:)