Saturday, March 31, 2012

What am I in for?

For Owen's birthday he received a Star Wars toy and book which he LOVED. The kid didn't know anything about Star Wars, but he did enjoy having me read him the book over and over and over and OVER again until he learned who all the characters were and everything about them. For Christmas Santa brought Owen 2 Star Wars action figures....which he plays with more than any other toy he has.

Well today, since we spent the majority of the day at home, Spencer saw that the old Star Wars movies were playing on TV so he decided to record them and he and Owen watched the first (4th?) one together. My son was in absolute heaven!!! He sat and watched the entire movie with eyes open wide absorbing every second of it. He loved it. As soon as it was over he demanded to watch it again. Since it was late Spencer promised to let Owen watch the next one tomorrow.

Star Wars? Really? I don't get it. I think Spencer opened up a HUGE can of worms that I really don't think I am ready for. What is this mom going to do? I don't think I am ready to manage a full-on Star Wars obsession....Help!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

He needs a light saber! :) Good luck. At least you know what kind of birthday party to throw him next year.