Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Race

I've gotten a little behind on my posts since we have been living with my parents, (Yes, we are still here. More to come on the living situation to come soon.) but I am going to try and get all caught up this weekend.
On Saturday September 29th I ran in my first race since having Preston. I ran the Megan's Wings 5k that I have run for the last four years now. This year was a little different because I didn't have anyone else to run with, I did it all alone. Nevertheless I felt great and was extremely pleased with my time. 24:35 isn't bad for just having a baby three and a half months ago!!
This wasn't just my "first race" but it was Audrey's first race ever!! Owen ran the kids 1k last year but this year both of the big kids got to participate! The kids were thrilled to get a t-shirt and number.
Spencer and I practiced running with the kids several times prior to the race and really thought Owen would do really well. When race day came I think both Owen and Audrey were a little nervous and didn't run as fast as they did when we had practiced. Regardless they both had a lot of fun and really seemed to enjoy all the people cheering for them on the side-lines. I was a proud mom watching my kids run today!
Of course the kids were so excited to get a medal and a goodie-bag at the end of their race. They also liked being able to go into the runner's tent and get a muffin and some juice. These two really are awesome kids!!
Spencer was in charge of the camera so he took all of the pictures. Sorry to say it babe, but I think you're fired from camera duty!!! All of the pictures turned out a little less than stellar....guess next year I will have to run and take all the pictures!! Ha! Overall we had a fun morning and we look forward to continuing the tradition next year.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are skinny & fast. Can I say I hate/love you in the same sentence and really mean it?!