Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chargers vs. Broncos

On Monday October 15th Spencer and I got to do something that we've always wanted to do but just never have. We went to the Chargers game in San Diego!! I've been trying to get tickets to this game since June, but soon discovered that getting tickets to high profile Monday night game is pretty much impossible. But last minute a great friend, who may have some special inside hookup with the Chargers, was able to come through and help me get the tickets. When I called Spencer to tell him that we got the tickets he was beyond thrilled!! We were both so excited!!
 
As most of you know Spencer and I have been big Colts fans for many years mainly because of Peyton Manning. When we heard that Peyton got traded to the Broncos we decided that we had to go see him play because he's probably not going to be in the NFL much longer. We also happen to be Chargers fans, so when I saw that the two teams would be playing each other on  Monday night it was just meant to be that we were supposed to go to that game. We are so grateful to our friend for making this a reality for us!!  
Our seats were awesome!! We sat in the end zone , pretty close to the field. When the players were on our side of the field they were so close to us!! I was a little nervous about having to bring Preston with us, but he did great and was a little angel the entire game. I think he was so distracted by all the noise and people around us that he didn't have time to fuss or cry n then he slept the whole ride home, it was awesome.
So fun to see Peyton Manning in action!! Go #18!!
It was also fun to watch #32 do his thing. He had a great game, even if the rest of his team didn't do so well.
The Chargers had an amazing first half and were killing the Broncos, but ended up losing the game in the second half. Spencer and I thought it was kind of fun to see both teams do so well. It was all Chargers in the first half and then all Broncos in the second. It really was a great game for us since we like both teams!
It was a lot of fun to sit with Chanel and her family/friends. It was great to talk and catch up. made the game that much more fun!!
Now Spencer and I can cross "go to a professional football game" off our bucket list!

1 comment:

Sami said...

So jealous right now. We still haven't been to a game and need to.