5 days after having my appendix removed we loaded the family into the car and drove to Southern Utah for the Ford Family Reunion. 3 of the 5 days before leaving I had been on bed rest, so it was quite the feat to be able to still go to the reunion. The drive up was great. My cousin Sheri and her two kids drove with Spencer and I and our kids and we followed Cody, Allison, and my mom in their car. I thought the drive up went as smooth as it could with 5 children in the car. Sheri was a great help/mediator. At this time I was only having mild pain from the surgery....it was very manageable.
We arrived at the giant cabin, in the middle of nowhere, Thursday evening, and since we were the first ones there we got first choice of the bedrooms! With a little less than 70 people in attendance at the reunion, being able to choose where we slept was a special privilege. We were ready for a fun-filled weekend to begin! The cabin we stay in is pretty spectacular. It really is in the middle of nowhere. There is no electricity, no television, and no cell service and all the water comes from a well. It's fun to just be together as a family without any distractions for an entire long weekend.
The Ford's are my mom's side of the family. Here's my mom with her mom and four siblings.
This is my grandma with all her grandchildren. There are 15 first cousins and we were all there except for one, Emily, she's serving a mission right now so that's a pretty good excuse. :)
I just had to include this picture of Cody, it just makes me laugh. This was not only Allison's first Ford Family Reunion, but it was Cody's as well. Hard to believe that my brother hasn't made it to a family reunion until now!! Allison may have been a little overwhelmed by all the people and ALL THE KIDS running around, but I think overall they both had a good time. It was fun to see my brother with all the little kids, especially since he's about to be a Dad real soon!!
Getting a little "Daddy" experience with Preston.
There were so many kids everywhere!! My kids were in heaven always having someone to play with. Here's Audrey with Sequoia, Hayden, and Jack. I can't even count how many kids there were, but I'm going to guess between 30 and 40.
A family reunion isn't complete without making matching T-shirts, eating all the time, taking a ton of pictures, but most importantly in this family the GAMES!! The three pictures below were taken during an exciting Minute To Win It competition. My mom did a great job putting all the games together and I think everyone, from the oldest adult, to the tiniest kid had a great time participating.
Cameron and Owen trying to knock over the cups with the yo-yo tied around their waists. So fun to watch!! Other games not pictured included, Tripoley (a Ford Family Classic), Mafia, Hearts, several baby shower games that we played during the family shower we threw for Allison, and countless puzzles.
The kids had three days of non-stop fun. The slip and slide was one of Audrey's favorites.
Preston liked the sidewalk chalk, but probably loved the freedom of getting dirty outside even more!
Me and some of my cousins in the cute Ford t-shirts that Kim brought for us. I seriously LOVE all these girls. I love my family so much!
Spencer LOVES the family reunion just as much, maybe even more, than I do. He loves riding the quads and going shooting with the guys. Owen really got into the quad this trip and managed to talk several people into taking him for rides.
Fingernail painting was another highlight for Audrey girl.
Such a fun three days. Memories were made to last a lifetime.
Since it had been 10 days since I had my appendix removed and I still had four staples in my stomach, I had my Aunt, who is a nurse, remove them for me on our last night there. That was an interesting and painful experience!! I was grateful to have them taken out though!
We left the cabin on Sunday morning, but that didn't mean our vacation was over yet!! We drove to Las Vegas and boarded a plane to Montana!! Our vacation was just getting started!













No comments:
Post a Comment