Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Reading Program

 
I like to keep my children entertained during the hot, summer months as much as possible, and I'm always searching for new things to get them involved in. This summer I enrolled them in the library's summer reading program, so we ended up spending once a week all summer at our local library. The kids enjoyed being able to choose their own books and participating in all the fun activities the library had to offer. Each week Owen and Audrey would get to fill their reading "menus" with stickers then take the filled charts into the library to spin the prize wheel. The kids had a blast earning prizes in addition to reading all the fun stories.
Since Owen and Audrey filled their entire menu and didn't miss a week of reading they were invited to attend the end of the year Summer Reading Party which was SO MUCH FUN! There were games, crafts, more prizes, popsicles, and several interactive booths for them to enjoy.
We really did learn how much fun reading and visiting the library can be!!

No comments: