Saturday, August 3, 2013

Camp Pendleton Tri

This morning Spencer competed in the Camp Pendleton Triathlon in San Diego. There are a group of guys in our ward at church who are really into triathlons, so Spencer has been training with them the last few months in preparation for today. Spencer has competed in several triathlons in the past, but today was the first time he's done the swim portion in the Ocean. It was a little bit of bummer that I wasn't able to go watch the race, but Spencer followed through on his promise to take lots of photos!
 
Here's his bike all ready to go in the transition area. Double 0 Seven isn't a bad number to have!!

The group of guys from church after the race. It just so happened to be Creighton's (center left) 40th birthday today and his wife was actually nice enough to drive down to San Diego to watch the race and make him a sign. I guess I am slacking in my wifely responsibilities!!
Spencer with the whole group who trained together.
Spencer, I'm proud of you!! You were nervous about the swim, and you said that at one point you thought you were going to die in the water, but you did it!! And you did awesome!! You met your goal time and by the end of it you were already starting to think about your next triathlon! You're amazing and I'm so proud of you. Maybe next year I'll be there competing with you. Love ya babe!

No comments: