Friday, August 16, 2013

10 Years

To my 1996 Crush,   my 1997 Girlfriend,   my 1998 Prom Queen,   my 2000 – 2001 Pen Pal,   my 2002  Fiance,   my 2003 Bride,   my 2007 Mother to Owen,   my 2010 Mother to Audrey,    my 2012 Mother to Preston,   my Eternal Partner and Ultimate Confidant…  Happy 10 year Anniversary Holly.

For those of you who follow Spencer on facebook probably know that this is what he posted on his wall today. I was pretty impressed. Spencer really can be a romantic when he wants to be! I seriously can't believe that it's been 10 years! Where has the time gone?

This morning Spencer presented me with this beautiful bouquet of flowers. These are the exact flowers that were used in my bouquet on our wedding day. Isn't that the sweetest!!
About a year ago we started talking about planning a trip for just the two of us for our 10 year anniversary. Unfortunately we haven't gone on our trip yet, but hopefully we'll be able to make it happen soon! We did however celebrate on our anniversary by going on a fun date all about trying new things.
First we had an early dinner at P.F. Changs. Then Spencer had this great idea to go "scent" shopping for each other, which turned out to be a lot more fun than I think we both expected. I chose a cologne that I liked for Spencer and since I'm not a fan of perfume or body sprays, Spencer chose a lotion for me from Bath & Body Works. I don't think Spencer had ever been in that store before, and I think he liked it a lot more than he had anticipated!!
After our shopping excursion we headed to an indoor carting place for some racing. The racing was a lot of fun, but I think the smell of gasoline being trapped inside a warm building made me sick because when we returned home later that evening I puked. That kind of put a damper on the evening, but we were able to laugh about it. Spencer picked up several slices of Cheesecake from the Factory for us to sample after my stomach settled down. I think that was the best part of the night...yummy!!
It's been a great 10 years Spencer. I love you more and more each day. You are an amazing husband and father and I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. I'm looking forward to seeing where the next ten years take us!

No comments: