Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oceanside Reunion

Since we've moved, it's been harder to keep in contact with some of our friends. We have such great friends, and it's been hard on me being so far away from them all. Spencer was noticing my sadness over this and came up with the brilliant idea to plan a beach trip to reunite all of us together. We started planning this beach day almost a month ago, and yesterday it FINALLY happened!! Unfortunately I forgot to pack my camera (of course!!) so these are the few pictures I was able to "borrow" from friends on-line. Even with the lack of photos this was an event I still find worth writing about.
We invited about 15 or so families to join us and a large majority were able to make it! I was thrilled to be able to see all my friends and for my kids to play with their old friends. We met at Oceanside around 11:00 and ended up staying the entire day. The weather was perfect as so was the water. The kids played the entire day without any fighting, crying, or complaining, they were just so content. We played in the sand digging holes, making sand castles, and burying kids. The adults were able to talk with very few interruptions. At one point Katie made all the moms go boogie boarding. I was a little hesitant at first since it's been a good 6 or so years since I've done it, but that turned out being the BEST part of the day!! It was fun to see my "mom" friends trying something new and not being afraid to get wet. It was seriously a blast and I was actually able to catch a few good waves.
Even as the sun was starting to set no one really seemed to want the fun to end so we all loaded up our cars and headed to In and Out where we took over almost the entire dining room and all ate dinner together. It was seriously the perfect day and the most fun I've had in awhile. We vowed to plan another beach reunion next summer and for every summer from here on out. 

Jaren, Owen, and Austin hard at work digging in the sand.
The mom group heading out into the water to catch some waves! I seriously can't believe that we all did it. I'm proud of us!
Jaren, Hunter, and Owen. Owen loved having so many boys to play with all day.

No comments: