Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mini Golf Tournament

 
Today was the First Annual Hull Boys Mini-Golf Tournament.

 Spencer's dad put this event together several weeks ago, not anticipating the 100+ degree weather. Intense heat and all, (hence all the rosy cheeks) 4 of the 5 Hull brothers and their sons met up this afternoon for a friendly mini-golf competition.
It's so fun that Owen has two boy cousins his exact age. Hudson and Carter. I'm sure these 3 had the time of their lives playing golf together.
 
From what I heard from Spencer the mini-golf tournament was a little more competitive than I imagined, especailly for Spencer and Kevin. At the end of the day I'm proud to announce that my husband came home victorious! Spencer was the winner and now a proud owner of a narley green trophy that his dad actually made with his pottery wheel. The trophy is going to be passed along to each yearly winner. Spencer told me that he plans on winning every year so I may as well find a nice shelf to display his trophy on inside our house. Since Spencer just so happens to not be home tonight I found a nice cupboard in the garage for his trophy!
Such a fun tradition that I know both Spencer and Owen (and Preston someday) will look forward to every year. Big props to Alan for putting it all together and for making such a lovely green trophy! Hopefully next year it won't be quite so hot!!

No comments: