I know it's been awhile, but I am going to do my best to get this thing caught up! I know I've said this before, but I'm really hoping I can follow through this time, wish me luck!!
Back in September Audrey played soccer for the very first time. Owen was also playing at this time, which made for some chaotic practice schedules and splitting games between Spencer and I, but it was an adventure and both kids really did enjoy playing. Since this was Audrey's first time playing I decided to keep this post all about her.
Audrey has spent a lot of time on the sidelines watching Owen play soccer so she was beyond excited to be the one out there playing this time. She cracked me up with her enthusiasm as well as her insisting on wearing a skirt to every game! I have to say that she did look pretty adorable. When we showed up to practice on the first day we were excited to see that my really good friend's son (and Audrey's friend) was on our team, so that made the whole experience more fun for not only Audrey, but for me as well! It was fun to have a friend to sit and chat with during practices.
Audrey was on team "Crew." Here she is with her buddy, Luke. These two have a funny relationship. Sometimes they love each other, like you can see in the picture below, but other times they can really butt heads. They both have strong personalities and are both middle children. They were pretty good during soccer, which was good.
Audrey turned out to be a pretty good soccer player, for a three year old! She always started out strong during the games. She would get right in there and go after the ball and be aggressive. She usually scored 3-5 goals in the first 10 minutes or so. Sometimes the goals may have been for the other team, but goals nevertheless. She didn't know the difference, and was happy to get the ball in the net. She loved it.
After the first 10 minutes though, this is usually what Audrey liked to do......
Or this....
We were proud of her, even if she couldn't stay focused the entire 30 minutes. It was a good experience for her to be a part of a team and get some exercise and energy out. I'm pretty sure she was the leading scorer on our team (and probably the opponents too) which says a lot about how focused she was the first 10 minutes of each game! She was a rock star! We're looking forward to starting another soccer season here pretty soon.
I had to include this picture of Preston. He was such a good sport to sit through practices and games, even though at times he really wanted to be out there playing too! I just love this little boy.







No comments:
Post a Comment