Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lake Perris Tri

Today Spencer and I competed in the Lake Perris Triathlon for the second year in a row. This year there was a big group of us who all went together, which made it that much more fun! This is a really fun triathlon, with a lake swim, and fairly flat running and bike routes. I love that Spencer and I are a little competitive with each other. Even though I was faster on both the swim and the run he beat me overall by only a few minutes since he is such an awesome bike rider. Next year babe, I'm going to beat you!!!
I've only competed in a handful of triathlons, but I feel like I get a little better each time. I actually finished 3rd in my age group. I was pretty excited about that!
Competing in events has become such a major part of my life. Preparing for an event keeps me motivated and I love the thrill of it all! Of course it's extra fun when my husband is there with me.
 
This is the group that we went with. Go San Sevaine Ward!! Looking forward to competing with all of these guys again sometime, sooner than later hopefully!

No comments: