Today I ran the Soboba 10k trail run. I've run a lot of races in the past and this was by far the hardest race I've ever done. I've never run a trail race before, but I just thought a trail run meant "in the dirt." I couldn't have been more wrong! Not only was it 6.2 miles in sand and dirt and rocky as all get out, but the entire race was pretty much up these mountains. And if it wasn't straight up it was straight down and super steep, which was surprisingly A LOT harder than I thought. I started out running and even managed to run up the first steep hill, but after that there was a lot of walking up the mountains and trying not to fall going down the mountains. This was the first race where I was forced to stop and walk and I was actually okay with it.
By the end of the race I was exhausted like I've never been before. My body hurt in every place possible and I was filthy. It was definitely not a pretty sight! I've been out of commission since I've been home, which isn't normal for me after a race.
While it was a new experience and a new challenge for me, I really don't think I'll ever be doing that again!! I can officially check "run a trail race" off of my bucket list!
I can thank my friend Nicole, for challenging me to do this. As a side note, Nicole got a group of people together to run this race so I didn't even know all the people in this picture. I only knew Jennifer, Nicole, and her husband Matt who are the three people to the right of me in the pic.
While it was a new experience and a new challenge for me, I really don't think I'll ever be doing that again!! I can officially check "run a trail race" off of my bucket list!
I can thank my friend Nicole, for challenging me to do this. As a side note, Nicole got a group of people together to run this race so I didn't even know all the people in this picture. I only knew Jennifer, Nicole, and her husband Matt who are the three people to the right of me in the pic.

No comments:
Post a Comment