Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Kings

Today one of my oldest friend's got married, and Spencer and I were lucky enough to attend. Chris King lived up the street from me when we were kids. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together. Chris even got me a job at Souplantation when I was in college. We were always close friends and hung out a lot, especially in high school. Spencer and Chris became friends in high school and were also very close. In college Chris started down a different path and made a lot of questionable decisions, and we didn't really keep in touch. I know that he struggled for a real long time, until he met Janelle. Chris was able to turn his life around and is a completely new person.

Being at his wedding today was such a joy. It was a very personal and emotional ceremony. Chris and Janelle really are the perfect couple. 

The boys are back!! Rick Buck, Chris King, Spencer, and John Henkles were super close in high school. It was so nostalgic having them all back together, it's been 5 years since they've all been together. I loved seeing them together, it was like no time had passed at all.
What a great day. So happy for my friend!! Congrats Chris and Janelle!!

No comments: