Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Take 2

This last Friday we returned to the Pumpkin Patch to get a full experience, since the last time we went it closed before we got to see and do everything. This time we went with our friends Mike and Jessica and their cute kids. We had such a fun time. I never knew a pumpkin patch could be so much more than just pumpkins!! I can't wait to make this trip a yearly tradition!

Our family in the corn field
Spencer and Mike took turns pulling the three kids in this wagon. C'mon guys, I really don't think it was THAT heavy!!
Close up of the kids in the wagon. Aubree, Kaden, and Owen. Owen absolutely adores Kaden and loves playing with him, and luckily Kaden kind of likes him too!
I took Owen inside the petting zoo. I don't ever remember doing that as a kid, but I soon discovered that there was probably a reason my mom never took me to a petting zoo. Once we were in there it was so smelly I wanted to gag, and I have to admit that I was a little intimidated by some of the animals, some of them were really aggressive. I really didn't want to touch them, but Mike made me feed one. I was super nervous about letting it eat out of my hand, and I was super glad when the food was gone and I could get the heck out of there!!! I think my mom was onto something about not taking me to a petting zoo.

See I told you some of the animals were aggressive!! This picture proves that I'm not exaggerating! Jessica had to use her ninja skills to get that stupid goat off of her. Jessica was way more calm around the animals than I was. I was having a small panic attack while in their cage. If this would of happened to me I'm pretty sure I would of had a full blown panic attack.

Before we left I couldn't resist taking some fun pictures of my little Owen in the hay. The only problem was, Owen didn't like the hay. He couldn't stand touching it and threw a fit every time I tried to sit him on it. But that's OK, because this picture of Daddy holding Owen turned out pretty cute!

This was the only decent shot I got of Owen sitting on the hay bail. I know it looks like he's smiling, but he's really having a fit. He was waving his arms all around in protest of the hay.

So to sum up the trip: The pumpkin patch was super fun and I would defiantly go again. Petting zoo on the other hand...not so much. I think we'll skip that part next year.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun!!!! Owen is so cute! He looks so happy.

What a fun little trip. I'm glad you got to go twice! More pictures!

Petting zoo's make me nervous too. Anti-bacterial gel here we come!!!!

Maia said...

I was watching Owen during Sacarament meeting on Sunday (you guys sat 2 rows in front of us) and he is one of the cuties little babies I have ever seen not to mention you dress him like he is out of a magazine!!! Too cute!

Jesse said...

I love going to Pumpkin Patches! We went to one out here that has a huge Target out in a field that you can shoot small pumpkins at with a slingshot! Jesse loved that! It looks like you all had a blast!

Holley Williamson said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pumpkin patch. Cute pics!

Taryn said...

I feel the exact same way about those petting zoos. I'll stick to the pet stores!

Rachael said...

Holly! Jake went on a school field trip to that same pumpkin patch and I am pretty darn sure that the goat attacking your friend was the same one that attacked me! I am with you on not being into petting zoo's I made jake scrub his hands 2 times!