Thursday, October 2, 2008
Something new
During the month of September I decided to do something different and take a cake & cupcake decorating class with my friend Jill. The class was a lot of fun and I actually learned a lot. Each week we had to bring a cake to class and at the end of each class we had to decorate our cake using the skills we learned that night. So the decorated cakes weren't always cohesive, but they still were yummy! Here I am with my cake from the very first class.
Jill and I showing off our favorite cupcake creations. We didn't have a lot of food coloring with us, so that's why my cupcake has pink hair. The cupcakes were so much fun to learn how to do!
Since the class I made these cupcakes for my friend, Julie's bridal shower. I will admit that my brother helped me with these cupcakes. It makes me sick that he is so good at everything he does, even decorating cupcakes!
Here is my cake from the last night of class. We actually had three weeks of decorating cakes, but can you believe I dropped the cake from the second night before I even got it home and had the chance to take a picture of it! I was so upset!!!
Here's a close up of the roses from my last cake. I didn't think they looked half bad. Hopefully with a little bit of practice I can start making flowers that look really good.
I'm proud to say that I finished course 1 of cake decorating and earned my certificate! Guess I'll have to hang this baby up on the fridge!!
O.K. I think I'm ready to go into business...anybody want to order a cake??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow, you are super talented. The roses look really good. I have frosting tips but never learned how to use any of them. Thats great that you learned. The cupcakes looked so yummy, I'm now craving a cupcake.
How fun is that!!!?! Those cupcakes are great! Nice work!
What a fun idea... are you going to start your own cupcake shop? They have them all over Boise!
Those look very yummy!!! Can you send one to Seattle? Good for you in expanding your talents--looks like you have a natural talent for it!
Holly Hull! You look absolutely gorgeous. Maybe I should start running 5ks too! Congrats on the cake decorating class. That's cool we have a cake decorator in the fam....maybe you can make Katie and Ella's wedding cakes when the time comes - by then you'll be SUPER PRO. Life is good. We miss you.
I took a cake decorating class right before Grant's first birthday. That was when cupcakes were starting to get popular. The cupcakes look like so much fun. Decorating cakes is such a fun talent to have. Good job!
Well I had fun with you at the 2 classes I actually attended! :) Your cakes, and the cupcakes for the bridal shower look awesome!!!! I need to come over and have you teach me what I missed. Maybe the next class we take together I'll actually finish and receive my certificate too! We'll see. :)
Post a Comment