Monday, February 28, 2011

Running Crazy!

So all my running has gotten a little out of control, and I am not sure if I am crazy, or just super motivated. My friend Rachael (a fellow crazy runner) and I have been talking about running in the Ragnar relays for almost a year now!! Well we have finally stopped talking and we are actually going to do it! Rachael has put together a team and on April 15th and 16th our team of 12 will run a little over 200 miles from Huntington Beach to Coronado Island. I, myself, will not be running all 200 miles, but each member of our team will be running three legs. My mom has also committed to being a part of our team. I am super excited about having my own Ragnar experience, but as the day seems to be getting closer I get just a little bit more nervous about it! Right now I would say I'm a little bit more excited than nervous!!
As if training for the Ragnar isn't enough I also just signed up to run this marathon!! (Um, 26.2 miles....that's a lot!)
In June my cousin Kim and I (and hopefully a few more) will take on a marathon. I never thought I would run a marathon and this is probably the only one I will ever do, but I guess I just want to prove to myself that I can do it! Looking forward to crossing the finish line alive! At this point I am SUPER nervous about the thought of actually doing a marathon, but I've already committed. (GULP!!)
So maybe I've gone a little crazy, but at least this gives me a goal to work towards. I am beginning to wonder if all this has anything to do with the fact that I recently turned 30 and I am a little in denial about it??
WISH ME LUCK!!!!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah so excited for you! You can totally do it! Its a great thing to feel accomplished. PS if you still needed a runner I can do it if needed, but I think your mom is probably the one you talked about... just let me know.

aprilaleman said...

where is the marathon? I would so come and watch and cheer. BTW, how long do you run everyday. I am training for the half and dying. Also, if you ever wanna do smaller (5ish) miles on Sats, we meet most Saturdays and do it with a small group. I will let you know, but understand if you need to go longer (that's what she said.. whoops). Anyways, you go girl!!!!!! BTW I am out for tom. but will DEFINITELY join you guys next week or when you go next. Audrey and Peyton are destined to be bff, they are cute little petite girls together right? ;)

Dustin and Kellie said...

Seriously, can I tell you, you are totally my hero! That is CRAZY!! I have been slowly (really slowly) working my way up to just running a 5k. I just started a couple of weeks ago, I am so proud that this morning I ran a whole mile with out having to stop, but then I read this and, boy, you are AMAZING! You truly are amazing! Go HollY!!

Amanda said...

I don't quite understand the running craze...but then again, I am not a runner...so, for me, I think you should sign up to run a second leg of the race in my honor...afterall, we were born like days apart!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Laura said...

You are amazing Holly! Keep it up, you can do it!

Marti and Leif Stockdale said...

hello miss holly you know me I love the running too and if you want a little bit of advice when you finish a marathon you will be freezing bring your swim parka if you still have it...its way better than the foil blankets they give you at the end, also before my first marathon a guy gave me the best advice and I know this will sound gross but trust me on this one running 26.2 miles can and will give you blisters and the best way to prevent them is vasoline. Put tons and tons on your feet before you put on your socks and then I loved absolutley loved the iron man socks. I did this for both of my marathons and I for the first one I only got one small blister and for the second I put so much on my feet I did not get one blister...Make sure to wear a hat because getting sunburned while running stinks and drink lots of water at every water station even if you think you are not thirsty.
I love running marathons and if my knees could still handle it I would run again.

Jill Duncan said...

You are my idle! Seriously, you are amazing! WAY TO GO!!!!

Crys said...

I think it is crazy and also awesome that you are doing this. It is inspiring.