Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Kick Off

Last week (before the weather got crazy and cold) my friend Jennifer and I took our kids to Irvine Regional Park to take part in their annual Easter festivities. I had read about it on-line and thought it would be something fun to do with the kids. The weather was perfect and surprisingly the park was not crowded at all. We had a very enjoyable day celebrating Spring with lots of fun activities.

One of the main things that attracted me to going to the Easter festival was the Easter Egg Hunt. It was fun to watch Owen and Jenna collect all the candy and eggs, but difficult to explain to Owen that he was only allowed 8 eggs, even though there were a lot more on the ground!!


Why is it so difficult to get two three year olds to look at the camera and smile at the same time? Audrey enjoyed playing with the plastic eggs after Owen emptied out all the candy.
We got to decorate giant sugar cookies
I think the highlight of the day for both Owen and Jenna was bouncing in the giant bouncy-house.
Audrey seriously can't wait until she is big enough to jump in one of these things!!
The kids got to play a couple of little Easter themed carnival games and then got to pick a fun prize!!
We ended our day by taking a train ride around the park. This, for me, was the best part of the day. The park was beautiful and it was such a gorgeous day to be outside!!
Now if only Spring would come and stay for good!! Seriously, what is up with this weather??

2 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

I hear that! It has snowed ALL WEEKEND up here! Grr. It's like for every nice day we have three crappy days and sometimes the weather fools you and will give you 2 nice days in a row, only to stick you with a weeks worth of not so great days! GRR! Anywho.. I can't wait for Spring to actually start and to find fun things like this! What a blast. You are such a fun mom taking your kids to amazing places and having so much fun! I love it. What a blast!

Heidi said...

Audrey is getting so big and cute!