Last week we completed our first two-week session of swim lessons. This was Owen's third year and Audrey's first. I originally hadn't signed Audrey up for the first session because I thought she might like to just watch Owen swim. On the first day I didn't bring Audrey a suit and she pretty much cried the whole time and kept bolting towards the pool...she wanted to swim darn it!! Since there was room in the parent and me class I signed her up and she started the next day.
Audrey and Owen on Audrey's first day. She was thrilled to be wearing a swim suit like her big brother.
First day...she loved it from the start!
Swimming with the backpack
Through the hoop! She wasn't a fan of getting her face wet at first, now she doesn't mind it too much.
So on the last day Miss Beckie asked if any of the kids wanted to go off the diving board and since Audrey is only 15 months old and the youngest in her class, I declined, but said we would watch the other kids. As soon as we got to the board Audrey started whining and trying to climb up the steps on the diving board, so I let her go!! And you know what? To my surprise she LOVED it!! As soon as she got out of the water she walked right back to the diving board and started to climb up again....so she went twice!! I couldn't believe it, my little dare devil!!


No comments:
Post a Comment