Monday, July 18, 2011

Oceanside

On Friday Spencer took the afternoon off of work (Gasp!!!) so we could go to Oceanside to meet up with some of our good friends who were here visiting from Ohio. It was a gorgeous day to be at the beach, and so fun to see our friends from college. Both of my kids loved being at the beach and played non-stop the entire time. Spencer and I enjoyed catching up with our friends and watching our kids play together. It was just one of those days that you really wish wouldn't end.

Audrey was a little skeptical about the sand at first and wouldn't even put her feet in it, but after about ten minutes and some irresistible sand toys she was loving everything about the sand. Here she is playing with Kinsley. These two loved mixing the water in with the sand to make a yucky mud mixture.


Owen's favorite thing was getting us all wet with this squirt gun. I don't think I will ever understand boys and their need for guns.....I just don't get the obsession.

This little girl could not get enough of the water. She kept trying to go in deeper and deeper and did NOT want my help. She is getting to be so independent and a little daredevil too!! She got into the water up to her neck and cracked up every time a wave hit her. The water was surprisingly really warm so even I enjoyed getting wet and playing with the kids. I can't stand freezing cold ocean water!!



We had so much fun, I am itching to go back!! Anyone up for splitting a beach house with us??

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun day Holly! You guys look great!

Dr. Birch said...

Thank you for not posting the picture of me!! It was great seeing you guys.

Melissa said...

We loved seeing you all at the Beach that day! Wish we could have spent more time together though. Audrey is the cutest little babe, and it was so fun watching her. I wish Kinsley wasn't so shy around new (to her) people... Some Day...

Can't wait to do this again! Although, I think it's your turn to come out here!!! Colts Game!?! We're only 2 hours away!!!