After almost a year of hard-core training, a pretty serious knee injury, and one failed attempt I FINALLY ran a marathon!! 26.2 baby.....and proud of it!!!
Since I had already spent $80 to run the Utah Valley Marathon (which I was unable to complete due to a wicked 24 hours illness) I decided that I did not want to pay any more money to run, besides almost all of the up-coming marathons were either on Sunday or already sold out, so I planned my own marathon here in my own city. I could not be more happy about that decision!! It was so awesome to have so many family and friends come out and support me. Spencer drove alongside me for the first 10 miles, since it was still dark outside, and then my dear friend Jennifer ran the final 16.2 miles with me.....she was such an amazing support, and there is NO WAY I could have done it without her. She kept me focused when I hit a wall at the 18 mile mark, and cheered me on the entire way...amazing! Here we are around the 11 mile mark...still smiling!
All along the route I had different friends set up water stations. It was amazing to have so many friends get up early to give us water and to cheer for us. It was such a motivation for me to keep going knowing that I was going to see another friend soon. I feel so blessed to have had so many friends and family come out to support me.
Spencer took this picture of everyone waiting for me at the finish line. I can't even describe the feelings that came over me when I turned the corner and saw such a large crowd with signs and a toilet paper finish line all cheering for me.....amazing is all I can say.
Right after I finished I was filled with so many emotions. Happy and proud that I finally achieved this goal that I have been working towards for so long, unbelief that I actually finished and under my goal time, grateful for so many wonderful friends and family who helped me along the way, love for my wonderful husband who encouraged me through all the training and convinced me to keep going when I thought about giving up, and sadness that it was all over. All I could do was cry.

10 comments:
Yay!
Congrats holly!!!
Holly, you are AWESOME!!!!! I am amazed at how determined you are!
I know you'll do it again, and you'll probably do it in under 4! That's how awesome you are!!!
you're A-MA-ZZZING! I DREAM of running a marathon someday, I think right now I'd be happy with a 1/2 marathon. So proud of you! and your family for their support!
Holy Smokes!!! 4 hours and 22 minutes! That is amazing! You go girl!! That picture of you crying made me cry! What an awesome day! Congrats!!!!
So cool Holly. So cool! Way to go we are so proud of you.
HOLLY!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! and a little jealous of your time! That is so amazing! way to go girl, lets do another one someday :)
Wow, you are amazing!! Next time you do this, you should invite others and have them pay for your race!
Running a marathon is SUCH an accomplishment. I can't say it's on my "list" but I totally admire other people who do.
Way to go Holly! Such a fantastic accomplishment!
Four hours!!! That is not "not bad" that is WONDERFUL! Way to go! You totally rock! Congratulations!
Oh man! That is truly amazing! I can't believe you did it.. Great Job!!
Post a Comment