Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Theater

One of my friends decided that since our city doesn't offer any kind of children's theater she would put on her own children's play this summer. Since June Owen has been participating in Janae's production of "Three Nanny Goats Gruff." Once a week the children got together to learn the songs, lines, and movements, they also got to help paint scenery and contributed to making their costumes. Owen had a blast at each rehearsal and wanted to listen to his "goat songs" every time we were in the car. This past Tuesday night was the performance. The children got to invite whoever they wanted to come watch the play. Owen was lucky enough to have his grandma and grandpa Hull attend as well as his Uncle Tyler and his cousin Charlie. There were surprisingly about 50 people who showed up to see our little play! The performance was adorable. I thought the kids did extremely well especially since the majority of them were ages 2-6. There is nothing like darling singing children!


Owen played one of the Nanny Goats kid brothers. Here he is with the other two little brother goats....Jaren and Blake.


Like I said, the kids were adorable. I loved watching them sing and do all the hand motions. Owen pretty much knew every word to every song and we could actually hear him singing in the crowd of kids. Who knows, maybe there will be more theater in the future!

The little girl who was Owen's big sister goat was played by Ashlyn. She was so cute and took such good care of Owen. She always made sure Owen was where he was supposed to be. They were too cute.

The whole cast afterwards.

I am so lucky (and my children are so lucky) to have such good friends so nearby. I love that my friends did this for our kids, it was an experience I am sure most of the kids won't ever forget. I love all the confidence and sense of pride Owen got from from being in this simple little play. I was so proud of him! There is already talk of putting on a Christmas Pageant....so who knows, maybe we might invite you to the next one!

Audrey loved watching the kids sing! She couldn't wait until it was over so she could get up on that stage and put on her own little show!! I just love this little girl!

3 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

What a good idea! That is so great. Talk about amazing creativity! I want my kids involved in things like that! Love love it! Way to go Owen!

Sami said...

It turned out so cute! Cameron would love something like this. Makes me wish we lived closer even more!

littlepenelopelane said...

That is too fun and too cute! I love that idea of putting on a play. What a great experience for Owen and all of you! So cute!