Friday, August 12, 2011

Swim Session II

Last week both of my kids finished off their final session of swim lessons for the summer. We've enjoyed the routine and I have really enjoyed how tired they both are later in the day...naps are awesome! This time around we did lessons with Jennifer and her two kids, so both Owen and Audrey had a friend in their class. I will say that Owen did MUCH better during the first session of lessons. I think it was because the group of kids he was with the first go around were a little more outgoing and wanting to swim, and this time the kids were a lot more timid. Owen cried a little and didn't want his teacher to ever let go of him. I was a little frustrated at first, but after swimming with Owen at a friend's house he swam just like he always has, without any fear...so I guess the second set of lessons didn't scare him too bad. He still enjoys the water and will still swim short distances on his own.

Audrey and Taggert. Audrey did great. She enjoys the water and doesn't show any signs of fear. She started blowing bubbles and putting her eyes in the water on her own. I think Audrey will be swimming like her brother next summer! It was a lot of fun for me to be able to spend so much one and one time with my daughter.
I loved how Audrey would "float" on her back. She did this with her legs every time!!

Audrey and her teacher, Miss Tara.

Owen and Jenna

Notice how I don't have any pictures of Owen actually swimming this session....big difference from the pictures I posted from the first session.

Owen with his teacher, Miss Nicole.

Now that swim is over, it's time to find something else that will tire my kids out!!

No comments: