How nice was it to have a three day weekend?? I know we LOVED it!! I love the 4th of July and this year did not disappoint!
The morning started off with Spencer and I taking the kids to the movies. I am so loving these 50 cent summer movies! The kids did great and the movie was super cute!!
After the movie we headed over to a friend's house for a BBQ and swimming. It was so nice to be in the cool water on such a HOT day and the food was yummy too!
The kids spent several hours in the pool, and did surprisingly well considering we played well into their normal nap time. Audrey was loving playing in the waterfall with her Daddy.
Owen is quickly turning into our little fish. He is doing so well at swimming and is super confident in the water. He is swimming short distances all by himself and yesterday he was able to retrieve submerged objects without any hesitations or problems. I am so proud of this kid!
The kids just loved having Spencer home an extra day. They both had a blast playing in the water with him!
After swimming and a quick nap we took the kids out to dinner and then went back home and made s'mores in our backyard. We decided to skip fireworks this year since Owen is not a fan and we didn't think Audrey would do well either. It was fun to just spend the evening in our backyard. Such a fun day!!
2 comments:
I love Audrey's Bathing suit!! So cute! What a fun day! That is super awesome that Owen is starting to swim so well!! Glad you guys had such a nice Fourth! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. We have Katie's special towel all packed and ready! So sweet!!! XO
What a fun day. Ethan always got scared of fireworks too, and even did a little bit this year. He was better this year though. I'm proud of Owen too! What a tough kid! So fun1
Post a Comment