
Here are some things about Audrey at 18 months that I never want to forget:
- Is starting to talk a lot more and can say: ball, shoe, please, thank-you, mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, dog, kitty, juice, eat, cookie, NO!!, up, down, fishies, jack (my mom's dog), baby, mine, play....plus a few more I am sure I am forgetting.
- Although "Dada" was her first word she uses "mama" and NO a lot more now.
- She loves all animals and just want to hug and cuddle them...including birds, bugs, and not so cuddly animals. She can bark and meow....seriously the cutest thing ever.
- The girl loves to play with balls and cars, and is just starting to pay more attention to her baby dolls.
- Audrey sleeps with a little Curious George stuffed animal and a bunny rabbit, she calls them both "baby."
- Loves Owen and wants to do whatever it is he is doing. Sometimes I think she thinks she is a lot bigger than she really is.
- Loves music and will totally rock out. The girl loves to dance!!
- Obsessed with Mickey Mouse and Chuckecheese, as we recently discovered. She is not afraid of any characters, she just wants to love them.
- Has a great appetite and isn't afraid to try new foods.
- Has become a little bit more sassy lately. Audrey knows what she wants and won't hesitate to scream to get her way.
- Audrey is a little bit naughty at the grocery store. She cries (screams) the whole time she is in the cart and if I let her out all she does is run away...makes life a little bit difficult.
- Doesn't seem to be afraid of anything and is a pretty tough cookie. She hardly ever cries after falling down or getting a little bit hurt.
- Audrey loves to play outside especially at the park or on our trampoline.
- She recently started going to nursery at church and seems to do pretty well.
- Loves drawers and cupboards and is pretty much into everything!! She likes to carry around several small objects all at once. She also likes to play in the toilet and un-ravel all the toilet paper, we really have to watch that one!!
I was having a rough day with Audrey a few weeks ago. I had to run several errands and she just wasn't having it. We had a bad experience at the grocery store (screaming in the cart, running through the aisles, biting into apples that weren't ours, smashing all the food in our cart, that kind of experience), then a similar bad experience at the craft store. Plus she was being super clingy and crying more than usual. It was probably the worst trouble Audrey has ever given me. Well the point of my story is that I wanted to share this conversation I had with Owen while Audrey was having a tantrum in the car.
Me: "Oh Owen, I think I am going to have sell Audrey, she is just being too difficult today."
Owen (in a very panicked voice): "No mommy we can't sell Audrey, I just love her too much!!"
Me: "Owen that is so sweet."
Owen: "I would just miss her too much."
Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?? My heart melted. Owen just adores his little sister and would do anything for her. Their relationship is so fun to watch develop. They get along great and hardly ever fight, mostly because Owen usually caters to what Audrey wants. He is a great big brother to her. Being a mom really is the greatest job ever.
2 comments:
That is so sweet! Ethan was and is still a lot like that. They argue more now, but for the most part he loves spoiling Maren. What a big girl. Don't hate me, but I love the attitude. I don't always love it on Maren when she is throwing a fit, but I think it is kinda sweet to see kids getting personalities and finding out and verbalizing (albeit in a loud way) that they have an opinion. Never fun for the mom, but fun to watch at a distance. Maren can be a super big handful to. It must be a girl thing. Audrey is still gorgeous as ever and Owen is just to sweet. Such cute kids.
Oh my gosh, that sweet girl melts my heart. She is just so yummy!! I can't believe she is almost 19 months! So crazy!!
That was the cutest conversation with Owen. What sweet big brother!
Your kids are precious! Love them!
Post a Comment