December is such a crazy month, I never did an official post about Owen's 4th birthday. I know I already posted about his party at ChuckE.Cheese, but I didn't write about his actual birthday or an up-date "things to remember about Owen at 4." So here it goes:
Owen turned 4 years old on December 11, 2011. This year his birthday happened to land on a Sunday, but a kick back family get together was just what we needed after having a wild and crazy party with his friends. After church both sets of grandparents and Owen's great-grandpa came over for dinner and to celebrate. It's so special that Owen has both sets of grandparents in his life and that he gets to see them all on a regular basis.
After dinner Owen went straight to the presents!!! He has really been into super heroes lately, so he racked up quite a few of new super hero toys. He was in pure heaven!
Since Owen's other love these days is dressing up Spencer and I decided to get him boy dress-up clothes. We got most of his new costumes right after halloween for a great deal. I can't tell you how much he LOVED the spider-man costume. As soon as he opened that, he didn't care about any of the other costumes we got him. He put the costume on right away and wore it the entire rest of the party, only taking the mask off to eat cake.
He was cracking us up with all his "super hero moves." I hadn't seen my dad laugh that hard in a long time.
It was the perfect low-key birthday celebration. Owen had a blast!!
I just can't believe he is already four years old...time sure has flown by since the day we brought our tiny son home from the hospital.
Here a few of the pictures I had taken of Owen at four years old. They aren't the best quality since they are pictures of the pictures, but I guess that's just how I roll.

- He is such a good boy and a great big brother. He plays so well with Audrey and is so sweet with her. He loves to give both his mom and his sisters lots of hugs and kisses, which I love!
- Owen is very smart and has an excellent memory. He can remember things that we did or places he has been from a year ago. He amazes me with all the information he is able to obtain.
- Owen enjoys playing outside, riding his scooter, and jumping on the trampoline.
- He is also very content to play inside with his toys. He plays by himself really well and can usually entertain himself for about an hour or so. Lately he has been enjoying dressing up, playing "superhero," racing his cars, and pushing Audrey around the house in her stroller.
- He goes to preschool once a week and really looks forward to going each week.
- Owen knows about half of his letters, can spell his name, count to about 14, knows most of the days of the week and months of the year (just not in the right order) and can pretty much tell you any basic fact about himself. (What city he lives in, when his birthday is, where he was born, etc.)
- Really into spiderman, ironman, and batman, but still loves Toy Story and the Cars movies and characters. He has also taken a liking to Phineas and Ferb.
- He loves to play at the park, go to gymnastics class, play with friends, and take baths.
- Surprisingly Owen likes to shop with me and is actually a pretty good shopping buddy.
- Owen is a little particular about things. He doesn't like his room to be a mess and all of his stuff has it's own "spot." He thrives on routine and patterns, but can get pretty upset if things aren't the way he thinks they are supposed to be....we are trying to work on this.
- A small negative is that I still have issues with this kid and going to the bathroom. He doesn't have accidents anymore, but he has to be told to go to the bathroom several times a day or he would just hold until he makes himself sick...so weird!
- He looks forward to going to church each week and loves primary. He is learning so much about our Savior and I love the questions he sometimes has for me about Jesus.
- Owen really is a sweetheart and tries really hard to be a good boy everyday. He is very kind and usually remembers his manners. He has been such a blessing in my life, I just love him to pieces!!

1 comment:
I noticed you posted that Owen loves to give Hugs to his Mom and his Sister(s). Does that mean you're having another girl?!?!
Post a Comment