Since our original Saturday morning plans were ruined by pouring down rain Spencer and I thought fast for a fun activity to do with the kids despite the rain. After about 5 minutes worth of phone calls Spencer discovered that the local bowling alley offers $1.19 bowling before noon every Saturday morning. Within 30 minutes we were headed off for a morning of bowling with the kids.
Spencer and I both enjoy bowling and neither one of us had been in awhile, so it was treat for us. And surprisingly both Owen and Audrey were way into it too! We ended up playing two games, and I almost beat Spencer the 1st game.....only lost by 12. I have yet to beat that guy!!! Spencer helped Owen quite a bit in the beginning, but by the end of the second game he was doing it all by himself. He got so excited every time he knocked down a pin.
Audrey kept occupied the entire first game with a package of cheese and crackers (surprise, surprise, that child loves food!!) but by the second game she was ready to play. She too, got super excited about knocking down pins and would dance and cheer for herself every time she did so.
Overall it was a great way to enjoy the rainy Saturday morning. We all had a great time and decided that we should take the kids bowling more often since they both loved it so much!




1 comment:
Holly, your kids are adorable!!
Post a Comment