Saturday, April 5, 2014

Super Hero Ragnar

I just finished my 3rd Ragnar Relay. It was my second time taking on the role of team captain. It was a lot of work and a little bit of stress to get to this point, but the race was worth it. I love being with some of my best friends doing something that I love for two days straight. I put this team together with some of my friends from Moreno Valley and some new friends that I am getting to know in Rancho. It was a little tricky balancing two separate groups of people, but it all worked out in the end. We decided to go with a superhero theme this year, which I thought was just SUPER fun....ha ha 

Our team name was SUPER Sore, clever right?! 

So right out of the gate we had our only male team member pass out during his first run and had to be taken to the hospital. It was definitely a scary experience. Luckily he ended up being just fine, but he was unable to complete the race, leaving the other members of Van #1 to cover his mileage. Those girls are superstars and we're able to pull it off without a problem.

For me, personally, I had a great race. My best Ragnar yet. I didn't get injured. I didn't get lost. I ran the most combined miles for the team and I was very happy with my times and average pace. The course was different this year with lots of beautiful ocean runs and most major exchanges being on the beach. The weather could not have been more perfect. I loved it. I loved the girls in my van, I loved the fun we had laughing and talking when we weren't running. Good times.

This is our entire time (minus Aaron) right after we crossed the finish line.
Our Van: Van #2 Kim, Kelly, Jennifer, Nicole, Shauna, and myself. Such a fun group!
Attempting to take an awesome "jumping" picture. Guess we weren't SUPER jumpers. We tried.
Van #1: Aileen, Cynthia, Debbie, Kristi, and Olga

Had to include this picture of what I actually look like between runs. It's not cute!
So fun that my cousin Kim finally got to run a ragnar with me. We've tried a few times in the past, but it never worked out. There were a few things that almost kept her from coming this time, but it all worked out. Love how close we have become. I see lots more races together in our future!

No comments: