Today Preston and I accompanied Audrey and her preschool class on a tour of Amy's Farm.
When we first got there our tour guide took us through the gardens. I couldn't believe how into it both Audrey and Preston were. They enjoyed looking at and touching the different plants. Audrey even tried a mint leaf, and they both tried a purple carrot. They talked about the different colored carrots all day. They probably could have spent another hour just in the garden.
After exploring the gardens we headed over to the animals. The kids were allowed to walk in with the goats. The goats tried their best to get away from the kids, but Audrey and Preston were determined to at least touch them.
Next it was onto the cows. The second picture is Audrey and her friend and classmate Jack.
The kids got the opportunity to milk a cow. Most of the kids wanted nothing to do with it, but Audrey was all about it! She thought it was the coolest thing ever. Preston, on the other hand, wouldn't even get close to this cow. It's funny how different kids can be.
The last thing the kids got to do was brush this horse. Audrey was in heaven! She loves horses and could have stood there forever with this horse. Preston was a little hesitant at first, but after watching Audrey for a bit he decided to give it a try. We seriously stood and brushed this horse for 20 minutes, they couldn't get enough of it!
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home with my children. I love that I get to experience all these things with them. I love watching them learning, growing, and experiencing new things. I am a very lucky mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment