I just LOVE celebrating the 4th of July, and this year wasn't any different. The day before I had the kids "help" me decorate festive star shaped sugar cookies. Audrey was a great umm..."helper." But hey, I did get another use out of her favorite t-shirt!!
The morning of the 4th our ward put on an amazing breakfast and patriotic program followed by a bike parade for the kids. Owen had been looking forward to this parade all week and really had a lot of fun picking out decorations for his bike. My awesome mom came over to help get the kid's bike and wagon ready for the big parade.
While Owen was all about riding in the parade, Audrey was a different story. Since the ward party started at 8:00 in the morning, that meant Audrey had to wake up early....can you tell how happy she was about cutting her beauty sleep short? The girl was driving me nuts because she wouldn't let me finish combing her hair and I can't stand her hair looking so messy!! Spencer pulled Audrey and Preston in the wagon for the parade, and let's just say Preston enjoyed it more than Audrey did.
Later in the day (after convincing Audrey to get her hair combed) we packed the kids up and headed to the Duncan's to spend the day. The kids had a blast all playing together in the backyard. Audrey loved the freedom of being able to play in the pool by herself and running around like a crazy kid in the Duncan's super fun backyard. I thought I got more pictures of all the kids playing, but apparently not!! Regardless of the lack of photos all the kids had a blast and us adults enjoyed playing games and eating Paul's yummy barbaqued food. We always have so much fun when we get together with Paul, Jill, and their kids.
Since there was a firework show going on right across the street from our house we thought we might sit outside and enjoy it from our front yard, but all three of our kids were so tired from all the fun they all fell asleep early and slept right through the loud fireworks. Spencer and I didn't mind missing the fireworks one bit, it was so nice to enjoy the quiet house after a crazy, fun day!




1 comment:
Seeing those sugar cookies reminded me of how delicious yours are!! Audrey's swimming suit is killing me.. she is so cute!
Post a Comment