Right before I had Preston I enrolled Owen and Audrey in the summer reading program at our library. I'm so glad that I did because for the first two weeks after Preston was born we were pretty much stuck at home and reading was something that I could easily do with the kids and they thoroughly enjoyed it!! We were easily able to read the number of hours required to complete the program in just 2 weeks. Owen has always loved reading books, but now Audrey is a book lover too!! The first outing I went on with all three kids was to the library so Owen and Audrey could collect their prizes. They got these "fabulous" t-shirts (which they both LOVE) as well as several other fun coupons and books that they got to keep. Such a fun experience for both me and my kids. It's fun as a parent to see my kids get excited about reading!
My kids are pretty proud of their library t-shirts and would wear them every day if I let them!! Since we have been spending almost every evening outside this summer and Audrey always wants to wear her library shirt, I let her wear it when it's Popsicle time....glad to get some use out of those beautiful shirts!!




No comments:
Post a Comment