Preston's first month seemed to go by so fast! Life has slowed WAY down, but we are enjoying spending time together as a family. My older kids have adjusted to staying home a little bit more and I think I have done a pretty good job getting adjusted to being a mommy of three! I have taken all three kids out quite a bit and it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated....a little stressful at times, but nothing I can't handle. The first two weeks for Audrey were difficult, but she has gotten better. She's a little jealous and has been acting out more, but is starting to come around. She recently gave the baby a kiss for the first time a couple of nights ago. Owen has been wonderful from the beginning and has really been enjoying his role as "big brother."
Preston is on what I like to call a "predictable schedule." He is sleeping well at night and will sleep 5-8 hours at a time and usually only wakes up once, every once in awhile twice. He wakes up between 8 and 9 every morning and is ready for a nap about an hour later. The morning nap is a struggle, but he naps every afternoon from about 1 till 5 like a champ!! He's usually in bed for the night no later than 9:00. Preston hates having his diaper changed and cries every time without fail!! He doesn't LOVE being in the car, but has done a little bit better in the last week. I've been trying to get him to take to the pacifier, but he isn't loving that either....darn!!
Spencer and I have recently started walking with the kids in the evenings and Preston actually really enjoys being in the stroller. I think he likes it outside. It's amazing what a difference 1 month can be. A month ago my body felt like it was being ripped to shreds, but today I feel completely myself again. It feels good to start exercising again without being in pain.
This is Preston in his car seat in the jogging stroller at exactly 1 month old.
Spencer was cracking me up when he tried to get a picture of all three kids. I think it was a lot harder than Spencer had anticipated. Out of about 25 pictures, this one was the best and you can't even really see Preston's face!! Spencer tried so hard though!
Again we attempted to get a picture of all three kids the morning we took Preston to church for the first time, but as you can see that just didn't work out. Little Audrey refused to take her picture with the baby....I'm telling you she is one jealous little girl, but doesn't she look so cute all dressed for church?
Preston ready for his church debut. So handsome!
Preston LOVES to be swaddled. He is pretty much swaddled at all times and the kids can't get enough of it, they think it's hilarious!! These pictures were taken the first night Owen started requesting to be "wrapped up" but now he and Audrey request it every day. (Not sure why this picture didn't rotate?)
Audrey's version of being "wrapped up" is putting her bunny blanket on her head. She doesn't like having her arms and legs restricted for even a few minutes...she's just too busy! I was just happy that Audrey wanted to lay next to Preston...this was a first!
1 month picture. Love this little guy!!




2 comments:
Preston is so stinkin' cute, Holly!! Really, you have such cute kids. I have to try swaddling my older kids tomorrow, they will think that is so fun!
Preston is a cutie! Glad you are feeling "normal" again. It took me a while after each baby I had but it is always such a great feeling. All 3 of my kids still love to be swaddled, they think it is so fun!
Post a Comment