Thursday, March 14, 2013

Audrey Turns Three!!

Today our little Audrey Belle turned 3 years old!!!
I can't believe how fast time goes and how big our "little" princess is! Back in January I started planning a St. Patrick's Day themed birthday party for our Audrey girl. I ordered a bunch of stuff on-line, had the menu planned, bought her an adorable green birthday outfit, and even had the invitations all picked out, but true to Audrey form as her birthday got closer she decided that she wanted to go to ChuckE.Cheese instead. I tried convincing her in anyway I could think of to stick with the St. Patty's party, but she wouldn't budge, so....ChuckE.Cheese it was!! We decided to keep things simple and just invite family and Audrey got to invite one friend. In the end I guess I was grateful that I didn't have to go through all the stress and craziness that a birthday party usually entails. Having her celebration at ChuckE.Cheese was stress-free, fun, and best of all no mess to clean up!

The birthday girl with her cake. I ordered Audrey a Princess Cake from Costco, but when Spencer went to pick it up they didn't have it ready so he ended up getting this pink and purple flower cake for free instead. I thought Audrey might have a huge fit over not getting the cake she wanted, but she was perfectly happy with the flower cake...phew!! Crisis adverted.
 Audrey (and Owen too) love ChuckE.Cheese, and as you can imagine she had a blast playing and celebrating her birthday with all her favorite people. Please excuse the exposed panties in the picture below....which reminds me, I still have a whole potty-training post to do!


 The kids having cake!! Audrey was lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents at her party as well as her Aunt Allison & Uncle Cody, and Uncle Kevin, Aunt Evelyn, and baby Noah. Audrey wanted her best friends Jenna and Tagert there as well, so that was an extra special treat!!

 With the bike helmet we gave her. We also gave her a brand new scooter, but the pink, sparkly, kitty helmet was a way bigger hit!!!
Audrey, you are a sassy little girl who always knows what you want!! You are strong-willed, hard-headed, and stubborn as all get out, but we love you all the same. You are beautiful inside and out and have the most contagious laughter. You make me smile on a daily basis. I love the funny things you say and I love your HUGE imagination. You were meant to be my daughter, and I am so lucky to be your mom. I love you Audrey girl!! Happy 3rd Birthday!!

1 comment:

Sami said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We love ChuckE Cheese too! It brings back great memories. The helmet is pretty cute, so I can see why it was a big hit. I can't wait to hear about potty training. Wish we could of been there. Happy Birthday Audrey.