Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Morning

We had a great Easter this year filled with plenty of Easter traditions including coloring eggs, lessons and activities based on Christ's resurrection, "resurrection rolls," Easter outfits, Easter pictures, and multiple egg hunts. I took lots of pictures, but since I'm starting to get behind on this blog again I'm just going to focus this post on Easter Morning.
 
Easter morning was awesome and the kids had a blast!!
The kids woke up and found a trail of jelly beans starting at their bedrooms and leading downstairs to where their Easter baskets were waiting for them. The jelly bean trail is a yearly tradition and I think the kids might enjoy collecting the candy more than getting an Easter basket!!
This sweet little boy was thrilled to find a basket filled with all his favorite treats!!
Owen and Audrey with their Easter "loot." I LOVE how the look in the morning...messy hair and all!

I LOVE this picture!! Both Owen and Audrey were crazy about getting these sunglasses in their baskets. Probably their favorite thing that they got!! I guess you never know what kids will get most excited about!!
In addition to Easter baskets and jelly beans the Easter Bunny also hid some plastic filled eggs for the kids to find. Spencer led Owen and Audrey around the house and helped them find the hidden eggs.

It was a great morning, I love these moments with my kids. It's so fun to see them get so excited about little things. After the morning excitement we enjoyed a yummy breakfast then got dressed in our Easter best for church (pictures to come soon). We spent Easter afternoon with Cody and Allison and had more Easter fun which I will also need to post about soon.....some excitement went down that I can't wait to share!!

1 comment:

Dustin and Kellie said...

You always rock at holidays! I will never forget Ethan's first Easter I was so surprised that the Easter Bunny found him up at your house and spoiled him! Your kids are so adorable. They really have the sweetest faces! What a great Easter!

Will you post pics of your new house? I'm dying to see it!!