In honor of Spencer's 32nd (my we're getting old) birthday we decided to take a family trip to Palm Springs. Spencer and I were a little nervous to take 3 little kids to a resort for three days, but we had heard that Rancho Las Palmas was a great destination for families, so we decided to take the plunge and go!! I'm so glad that we did because we had a fabulous time and all three kiddos did great. The resort was amazing and as promised was completely kid friendly and totally family oriented.
Here we are, looking so fabulous I might add, right by where our room was located. The resort was right on a golf course. Spencer was a little bummed that he didn't get any golfing in, but next time we decided that it might be fun to go with another family so Spencer can have a golfing buddy....any takers?
The kids LOVED staying in a hotel. This was Audrey's first time ever staying at a hotel and Owen's first time that he remembered. We got a room with two beds. Spencer and I had one then Owen and Audrey shared the other one. Preston slept in a porta-crib in the bathroom. Everyone slept great. Those black-out curtains really do help!! Owen and Audrey loved sleeping in the same room with Spencer and I and enjoyed laying in bed each night watching a movie...something else they have never done before. Each morning we ate breakfast out on the little deck overlooking the golf course, the kids also got a big kick out of that! It's so fun, as a mom, to see all the small things in life that give my children so much joy.
Like I said, the resort was very kid friendly. Each day they offered different activities for the kids, free of charge. Owen and Audrey loved getting their faces painted...yet another first!
One afternoon there was a magic show for the kids. The magician was pretty funny; Spencer and I even enjoyed it and laughed a lot. Owen and Audrey were pretty much mesmerized the entire 60 minutes....I was impressed.
Of course the best part of the trip was the resort's pools, water slides, splash pad, hot tubs, and lazy river!! We spent most of our time playing with our kids in the water. Since Owen was the only one tall enough to go on the slides Spencer and I took turns going with him and staying with the two little kids. It was fun to get a little one-on-one time with Owen.
Preston was such a little trooper. He did amazingly well and really seemed to enjoy being outside and in the water. He really is such a happy little guy.
In heaven to have so much time with their dad.
The lazy river was a big highlight for me. I could have relaxed there the entire trip!!
It was so nice to spend 3 whole days together as a family. We had a lot of fun and hope to be able to do more of these little trips together in the future. Palm Springs was great! It gave us a small taste of summer...something we can't wait for!!










No comments:
Post a Comment