We absolutely LOVE our Disneyland passes and all the fun we are able to have there. Now that Owen is a little older and a little taller there are lots of new things for him to discover and do there! I have been wanting to take just Owen to Disneyland for a long time now, and with the help of my mom yesterday I was finally able to do it. My mom was so kind to take both Audrey and Preston for the entire day so I could spend the day at Disneyland with my big 5 year old!!
Owen was SO EXCITED to spend the day with just me, and I must admit that I was equally excited. This was the first time that we went to Disneyland without a stroller and actually rode the tram to and from the parking structure....that alone made Owen's day! The kid was beaming from ear to ear all day and I know he had a great time. I did too.
We did meet up with our friends Jenna and Tagert. Jenna is the same age/height as Owen so we were able to experience some new things! I took Owen on Splash Mountain for the first time as well as Goofy's Flight School. He wasn't too sure about either one of the rides, but he went on them and said he had a good time...I think he was a little scared though. I pretty much let Owen decide what rides he wanted to go on and what things he wanted to do the entire day. Owen loves the Winnie the Pooh ride and decided that he wanted to meet the characters since we have never done that before. The 15 minute wait was well worth is since we got to meet Tigger, Eeyore, and Pooh! I'm telling you, Owen was the happiest kid ever all day!
Another thing we have never done at Disneyland before is play in Tarzan's tree house. Owen decided that he wanted to give that a try, so we did! Both he and Jenna had a lot of fun playing and discovering all the fun things they have to do there. We stayed in that tree house a lot longer than I anticipated, but it was Owen's day and he was having the time of his life!
After we had eaten dinner I asked Owen what else he wanted to do before it was time to go. He told me that he was really tired and was just ready to go home. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. All that walking at Disneyland really tired the little guy out!! It was such a fun day and I loved being able to spend some quality time with my son, he really is an amazing kid. I can't believe how big he is getting and how much he has matured in the last year. I love him so much. My only regret of the day is not getting a picture of the two of us together...next time I guess!




No comments:
Post a Comment