I cannot believe that the big day arrived and Owen started Kindergarten! Owen has grown up so much, especially in the last year, and now he's off to school! The kid was BEYOND excited for school to start and couldn't wait to take his new backpack and lunch box to school. I was excited for him to start this new phase in life, but also a little sad that he's going to be gone 5 days a week. I was also feeling sad because I feel like we had half of our summer taken away from us! Since when does school start in the beginning of August? What happened to starting school the day after Labor Day?!
Well 100 degree weather and all, Owen started Kindergarten at Perdew Elementary on Monday August 5th. He has two teachers, Mrs. White and Mrs. McArdle. I took Owen to school on the first day and walked him to his classroom. Owen refused to let me inside the room and told me that I couldn't take his picture until after school.....what a little stinker! I gave him a quick hug goodbye and watched him skip happily into his classroom. He didn't cry, and I didn't either. I was proud of him for being so brave! When I picked him up after his first day he was smiling ear to ear and was eager to tell me all about what he did that day. Owen's been in school for an entire week and LOVES it! He gets himself up in the morning and gets ready all by himself. It's been fun watching him enjoy his first week of school. Hopefully his love of school lasts!
Audrey enjoyed having me all to herself for a few hours every morning while Owen was at school last week. Preston naps for a good chunk of the time Owen is gone so Audrey and I had some good bonding time. Then today, Audrey started her very first day of preschool!! I ended up hearing about a mom who runs a preschool out of her home who lives fairly close to me. After talking to her on the phone and hearing all about her preschool and what she teaches, and the schedule she follows I decided that this would be the right fit for little Miss Audrey right now. Mrs. Sara is Audrey's teacher and we can already tell that this is going to be a GREAT school year for Audrey. Audrey will go to school 2 days a week for 3 hours a day. There are nine kids in her class...perfect.
Like Owen, Audrey was so excited to go to school by herself. When I dropped her off she was all smiles and went right inside without any hesitation. Mrs. Sara said she had a great first day and seemed to fit in well with the other kids. Audrey is the youngest of the group, so that was good to hear. It will be exciting to watch her grow this school year!!




1 comment:
I can't believe Owen is already in kindergarten! And Audrey looks so big. They are so cute. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment