Wednesday, November 27, 2013

California Kids Take On The Snow

After spending Monday and Tuesday in the Orem and Salt Lake area on Wednesday we decided it was time to head north to Brigham City to stay with Best Grandma for the remainder of our trip. On our way there we just had to take the kids to the snow. Kim was supposed to join us, but last minute Sequoia got super sick, so these California kids were left to conquer the snow on our own.
 
Since there wasn't any snow on the ground, we headed to Park City to a tubing park with man-made snow. Preston was too small to go down the slopes, so Spencer took the two older kids and I was left to watch Preston. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to experience the tubing with my kids, but it worked out ok. I was able to watch them and take some pictures. Audrey only lasted a little while, so she soon joined me while Spencer and Owen finished out our pre-paid time allotment.
 
This tubing park was pretty cool because you didn't even have to walk up the hill. There was an escalator that you got to ride to the top. Owen and Audrey just sat in the tubes the entire ride up....and down. What little pulling that needed to be done Spencer was easily able to do without getting too tired. The perfect set-up if you ask me!!

It wasn't that cold of a day outside, which I think worked out perfect for my kids, who aren't used to the cold. Owen and Audrey loved the snow and loved tubing! Owen kept telling us that he wished it snowed at our house. Maybe one day we'll tell him that there is snow in the mountains just 45 minutes from our house!!

Surprisingly Preston did fairly well, even though he didn't get to ride on the tubes. I let him run around in the snow and he didn't seem to mind too much when he fell down a couple of times. He liked watching Spencer and the kids come down the hill and he liked touching the snow. He wouldn't leave his gloves on, but he didn't seem to mind! Before we left Spencer pulled Preston and I around on one of the tubes for a minute so Preston felt like he didn't miss out on anything.



It was a fun morning being outside and doing something fun and different as a family. Now it was time to finish the drive to Best Grandma's house!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So cute and so fun! Anyway we can convince you to visit us in Norway? We miss you!